Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Vegan Thai Pizza at the Trolley Stop!

I've done a Bluff City Vegan Eats post on the Trolley Stop Market's weekly Vegan Night before, but in case you missed it, this is just a reminder. If you're vegan and living in (or visiting) Memphis, please get out and support the Trolley Stop on Monday nights! Each Monday, this kitschy Medical District eatery features a vegan special, which can range from vegan TVP sloppy joes and eggplant biryani to shephard's pie and bean & grain burritos.

Around 4:30-ish on Mondays, the Trolley Stop posts the vegan special on its Facebook page. On the nights I plan to eat there, I check their page compulsively every 30 minutes or so from 3:30 p.m. on. I like to know what I'm eating as early as possible so I can fantasize about what dinner will taste like. At 4-something this afternoon, this was posted on the page:

"Tonight we have Thai Pizza - a layer of fresh sliced tomatoes, covered with a base of red onion, peanuts, garlic, ginger, galangal, soy sauce, lime juice and sassy serranos. Baked and topped with green onion, cilantro, mint, and basil. (You can ask to add daiya cheese!) Served with a mango-cucumber salad topped with a house ginger vinaigrette."

Oh yea, so I was all over that! Here's the delicious pizza, which by the way, was big enough for at least three meals:

The Trolley Stop recently started offering Daiya vegan cheese on their locally-famous pies, and this was my first time trying their pizza. Normally, I'd have liked more Daiya than what you see pictured above, but this was the perfect amount since it didn't overwhelm that delicious peanut sauce.

Though Vegan Night doesn't always involve pizza, you can order a Daiya cheese pizza from the Trolley Stop anytime!

11 comments:

Kristine said...

Oh man, that looks good.
I would like to eat the whole thing right about now. What? It's pizza for breakfast! take that, wheaties!

xo

Cara said...

Just found your blog and love it! I am also a blogger and new vegan. I would love to subscribe to your blog, but don't see how to...
Thanks for your blog!

Cara
www.yourworldnatural.blogspot.com

Dianne said...

That is such an awesome tradition! Sounds and looks amazing.

Jess - The Domestic Vegan said...

OMG, yum! The Trolley Stop sounds like such a cool place!

MeloMeals said...

That looks so good!

morganbb said...

I had no idea they do this every Monday night! I think I have a new Monday night ritual! Thanks for sharing. Sad I missed this pizza though, looks amazing! Combines Thai Food and Pizza...my two favorite things.

All about... (vegan) food said...

Oh, pizza! I wish there was a place in Dublin that I could just order vegan pizza. We make a lot of pizzas at home, but sometimes all you want is to order one :P

Unknown said...

Peanut sauce on a pizza topped with cheese. This is something I've been missing! What a thrill it must be to click, click, click until the menu comes up.

alldaynatural said...

Whoo hoo! Good to know I can get my (vegan) pizza fix so close. Thanks for letting us know.

vegan.in.brighton said...

That looks like one seriously delicious pizza.

Debra said...

YUM!!

Blessings, Debra
Raw Vegan Diet